The Welsh word PAWB translates to ‘everyone’, which is the identity of our EDI Programme and represents our ambition to make ‘Football for Everyone, Everywhere in Wales’. The PAWB Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2021-26 sets out our Vision, Objectives and Actions to become a truly inclusive and representative governing body leading to visible change across the FAW and Welsh football.
Increase the awareness and understanding of equality, diversity & inclusion throughout the football family in Wales.
To increase the access & opportunities in football for underrepresented groups to ensure a representative, diverse, inclusive, and accessible game.
To improve the confidence & process of reporting discriminatory incidents, while proactively challenging discriminatory attitudes & behaviour.
Listen and engage with underrepresented groups and better understand the Welsh football profile by gathering comprehensive equality data.
We want to become a leading football nation for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at a global and local level.
Achieving the PAWB objectives by 2026 will set us on the path to realising our long-term vision in making football the most inclusive, accessible and successful sport in Wales.
our PARTICIPATION targets
• Double the participation of registered women and girls players (20,000).
• Percentage representation with a disability or health condition to be above the Welsh average for players, coaches and all Club roles.
• Percentage representation from Ethnically Diverse Communities to be above the Welsh average for Players, Coaches and all Club roles.
• 10% increase in female participation in refereeing per year.
• 3% increase the participation of referees from Black, Asian and Mixed Heritage backgrounds per year.
faw Equality Advisory Group
The FAW Board and Council will be accountable to the progress and success of the EDI strategy. The FAW Equality Advisory Group will meet regularly to oversee the implementation of the Strategy and hold the FAW to account while monitoring progress.
An annual report will be produced highlighting the progress made in each key priority theme and any challenges experienced in implementing the Action Plan. The report will be provided to the FAW Equality Advisory Group, FAW Equality Champions Team, key FAW stakeholders and the FAW and FAW Trust Board.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation representative of Welsh society.